Yesterday I joined a few of my Fit Fam from 12th Street Gym for an evening of fellowship, food, wine and painting at Painting with a Twist. Attendees were asked to bring a dish and wine to share with the group. I made a shrimp dip I found on the Whole Foods site and tweaked it just a bit. Served with some fresh veggies and crackers, it was a hit.
- 1/2 pound cooked, peeled shrimp
- 4 green onions , roughly chopped
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt. I used Chobani
- 1 whole lemon. The zest and the juice.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha AKA 1 big squirt!
- 1 tablespoon of Pickled Sliced Jalapenos, 3-5 rings.
The lemon and sriracha set it off!!!
I blanched the broccoli and carrots for that nice pop of color and vibrant taste.
We laughed and painted and had a blast! Thanks for the invite, Peanut.